February 21, 2010

THE MAGDALENA RUG..WELL, PARTIALLY

AHH..the art of changing a rug pattern to suit your own tastes! If you can make it out, the black outlines were the original designs by Barb Carroll...but, she let the gates open wide when she told us to change the design of the rug to make it "our own"! I had so many red lines (that's the changes), that I couldn't decifer what line to hook on...I wasn't too big on what I considered upside down animals, in true Magdalena form, so I had them all going the same direction..well, almost! And how about them colors???

MARIA'S RUG
This is Maria's rug...as you can see...Maria made some changes to her rug also. I love her BIG animals! She was using a 9 cut and I couldn't believe how much hooking she had accomplished! She always has such nice colors and her hooking is beautiful!

5 comments:

Deb said...

I am loving these posts and watching the rugs being created. I do like the colors in yours!

Siobhán said...

What amazing rugs! I would love to be a hooker... one day, hopefully. I've enjoyed my visit to your blog.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Bobbie ~
Lucky you to have attended the workshop. Your rug is looking great! Please keep us posted on your progress.
Lauren

Beehive Needleworks said...

Beautiful rugs Bobbie...thank you kindly for sharing!

Julie said...

I'm so glad I found you Bobbie! I have been posting about the class on my blog too. Check it out if you get a chance. Did you get your contract? I sent it Monday as promised.