Well..I thought I would be done with my Maggie B. rug, by now..but as usual...life gets in the way..If I could only win the Lotto, I could quit my day job and hook till my heart's content! I have 1/2 of the background done (more than is shown in the picture below). I started using an antique black wool in the background, but it didn't make the colors of the leaves, the flowers, and bird "pop", so I "unhooked" background, and rehooked with a deeper black brown wool and am much happier with the result. I have realized, that I enjoy working with a thicker, bulkier wool and also using a #9 width.
My Magdalena rug is still in the works, but my Maggie rug is the one that will hang in the eating area of my kitchen. I am planning to repaint my kitchen and cupboards (YUCK!)and would like to coordinate the colors used in this rug. So, it's really important I get this project done first....plus, if it is finished by the middle of April, I would like to put it in the exhibit for the Saline Hook In in April here in Michigan...but we'll see....the rate I'm going, it might be next April before I'm done!
The darker shade of wool worms, are the ones that I settled with for my background..the paler, more greyish/black worms are the ones I was not quite as fond of as the hooking progressed. This is the largest rug I have ever attemped to hook, so I'm sure, finishing this piece will be loads of fun!!