May 26, 2009

A NEW LITTLE DANDY!

My new little treasure is pictured above. A toy Singer Sewing Machine. I don't know why I had to have one, but I just think they are the neatest little piece of the past! This one actually still works. Judging from its appearance, it doesn't look like it has ever been used. The box has seen better days, and the instructions inside are a little worn, but the machine itself is in really good condition. My dear, sweet husband found it in an antique mall in the southern part of beautiful Ohio, but I can't remember the name of the town. It was the one and only antique mall I had been to on our vacation.....so I was pretty proud of myself! Now I just have to clean my sewing room and find a place for it to rest. Have a great night everyone!

4 comments:

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

OH Bobbie!! What a treasure, my sister collects those and I've always loved little sewing machines.

From Sherry's Heart said...

I LUV IT BOBBIE!!!!!!
AND that's one that I don't have in my collection!!!! But I'd like it to be LOL!!!!!
Sherry aka:The Queen

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

What a wonderful little sewing machine. It looks just perfect for your sewing room.

The Eveningstitcher said...

Thank you for all your nice comments! I am afraid that this is the start of another collection! I'm glad they are a bit pricey...it keeps me from even thinking of buying too many!

Bobbie