September 19, 2010

SO MUCH FUN IN MALABAR!!



Whew..I am still on Malabar high! What a great time we had..it was an awesome show! Carolyn and Julie Thorton did an amazing job in making sure the vendors were happy with their setups. Any questions or concerns, they were right on top of it! I know they have to be exhausted today! Thank you Carolyn and Julie for all of your hard work! Of course, I had so much fun buying as well as selling! My Malabar neighbor, Terri, Eat Crow Primitives, and I hit is off really well as we did last year..I think even our husband's had a blast! She is simple the best neighbor to have! Terri was really helpful in helping me price some of my items, because for me, it's just a guessing game and I always need help in that department! I was able to shop quite a bit yesterday and found some really good buys. I met and talked with Stacy Nash and bought one of her finished pieces with which I am just thrilled. It was a birthday gift to myself! My friend Melissa, drove down from Cleveland to the show and we were able to shop together for quite a little while and visit. She bought a couple of really nice items and of course wool from Alice Frazier's booth.

It was so nice to see friends from BLESTB and AAPG...Karin, Kaye, Julie, Sherry, and Lauren! It's always nice to see all of them..seems we only get to meet at antique shows or rug hooking shows! Anyway...here are some pictures from the show of the booths that were around me. I'll post more pictures tomorrow of some of the items I bought...did I ever mention that I am a table finatic?? Terri's booth...stocked with all kinds of wonderful scented wax ornaments, stitcheries, painted goods, and beautiful live plants and topiaries. I love all of her early cupboards!Beautiful original cross stitch designs by Lee of Falling Star Primitives.

I didn't get the name of this vendor, but I really loved her booth! Just look at the entrance to her space! How original! She had really nice offerings and was just about sold out at the end of the show.

7 comments:

Terri of EaTcROW said...

Bobbie Bobbie Bobbie...you are so kind to post a pic of my simple little stuff...bless your heart...I miss you and the hubby already and wish our time together wouldn't go by so quickly..by the way...I really need to buy your from me to thee stitched piece(the one in the period frame)it will go so simply well in my master bedroom..so don't sell it..I think maybe the booth with the screen doors was Little Dog Prims???Sat the little bird box you so lovingly made on my shelf..simply divine...chat soon..blessings..Terri

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Great pictures, Bobbie and so nice to meet you ~ I read your blog and now I 'know' you! It was a great day ~ thanks to you and your friend for stopping by!!! We just unloaded the truck ~ a not very fun job ~ now to put my studio back in order!!! Till we meet again! Alice

Lee Morrison said...

Hey Bobbie! Just wanted to tell you what a pleasure it was to vend with you and Terri on Saturday! I got some good pictures of you and Terri's booth that I'll post on my blog in the next couple of days. I'm sorry that I didn't get a chance to say goodbye before we left (my sister had a sick cat at home and she wanted to leave asap - kitty is fine now)!

I'm already looking to next year!

I'll be following your blog! Keep in touch!

Lee

Rugs and Pugs said...

Bobbie ~
It was so good to see you again. You had such wonderful things in your booth! Did hubby tell you I bought the little vintage hooked may on my way out? I could not believe it was still there.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Bobbie,
It was so nice to see you again. You look great!!
There were so many nice things at the show. Wish it were a 2 day show because after I got home wished I would of bought more. Maybe we'll see you at Simple Goods??

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Ooooh how I wish I were closer. It looked like a wonderful show Bobbie! Sounds like you had a great time both buying and selling. How awesome you met up with so many friends too :). Thanks for sharing!

tattered 'n torn prims said...

Good morning Bobbie!! Thanks for the visit....and the kind words!! Malabar was a WONDERFUL day.....each vendor had amazing finds for sure!! It was very nice meeting you and I look forward to chattin ya up again soon!! :O)

Happy Thursday!!
Stace