May 16, 2010

WEEDING, PLANTING, AND ACHING BONES


Geez....two days ago it sounded so great to get out in the yard and start planting and rearranging some perrenials. While treating myself to a trip to the nursery on Friday afternoon...I couldn't seem to fill my shopping cart up fast enough with perrenials, annuals, herbs, and even...gulp...a couple of vegetable plants. In my overactive imagination I had visions of beautiful gardens....herb gardens, vegetable gardens, butterfly gardens..and on and on. When I unloaded some of my earthly treasures on the backporch..I took a good look around my yard and holy smokes.....I couldn't believe how much work I had to do before I could even think of planting...was I CRAZY?? I wanted to load everything back in the car and ask for a refund! But...as things settled, and my heart stopped racing...my husband reminded me that this is what we wait for all winter long. Well..maybe he does..because afteer 6 hours of bending, lifting, stooping, and yanking..my whole body is aching! we were only able to get about 1/3 of the yard done this afternoon..so I guess there is always tomorrow...Better get a really big bottle of Motrin!

I had to take a picture of this sweet little pansy that must have reseeded itself last fall. It is the prettiest little flower and growing in between the bricks right off of my back porch step. I think I'll leave it there for a while..it seems to have found a happy home!

10 comments:

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

Bobbie~Your flowers are so pretty! It is alot of work. This weekend I decided to redo my bricks on the patio. I'm hoping I will be able to get out of bed tommorrow. LOL!! Have fun!!

primitivebettys said...

Very pretty Bobbie... please keep us posted on more lovely flowers in your garden throughout the summer. :)

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

I have one of those volunteer pansies, too ~ they always seem like a little blessing! Happy planting!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Beautiful flowers - tons of work! Love the pansy in the bricks - I would definitely leave her there.

connie said...

Love the pansy in the bricks..Last week I did my flower beds and my butt and legs were so sore from all the bending too..I feel for ya..But boy does my flower beds look beautiful..Well worth a little discomfort..

moosecraft said...

You are making me giggle this morning!!! It is true though... it's what we dream about when the days are cold and grey... that little pansy is there to cheer to you on too!!!! Cute! 20 minute soak in an epsom salt bath helps the muscles too! Have fun!

Deb said...

The flowers are so pretty! I know what you mean about the aching back. My DH had a ton, and I mean a ton of mulch delivered this weekend. Guess what I was doing! LOL Next week, it's planting. I'm going to need a very large bottle of motrin. But you know after all the work is done your yard will be beautiful - and the body aches will be gone.

John'aLee said...

Boy howdy girl....you sound just like me. I do that same thing every year...even down to the visualization of ahhhhh....my beautiful overflowing gardens!
You cracked me up! Glad I'm not the only one that does this. I'll be sure to tell my husband about you.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Bobbie ~
I'm sure the gardens will be lovely and you'll be so proud of them. Please share more pics with us.
Maybe a bottle of wine would work better than a bottle of Motrin...lol!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Beehive Needleworks said...

It has been a goodly amount of time since I visited. By now all of your beautiful plant material should be safely in the earth and growing most happily. I shall eagerly await photographs of your lovely gardens!

Warmly, J