October 12, 2009

A VISIT TO LORI'S

Photobucket
This past weekend, I had the pleasure of going to the Upper Pennisula, here in Michigan. My husband has several cousins that live in the western UP, Iron Mountain, Escanaba, and one even in Wisconsin. My main event, however, was going to visit my dear friend, Lori Rippey, who just happens to live a stone's throw away from one of the cousins. I was so fortunate to be able to visit with her in her beautiful, primitively decorated home on Friday afternoon. What a pleasure! I told her that the Country Sampler Magazine, needed to come to her home and do an article on her!

She made me a beautiful little wall quilt...her home is filled with her handmade quilts, her hooked rugs, and of course her dolls, that she designs herself. She also made me a gorgeous pincushion, as seen in the picture above. I then picked up a couple of her handmade dolls. Lori has such a way with aging her fabric. But...darn...she wouldn't tell me her secret...LOL! I don't blame her one bit! Check out her picturetrail...the link is on my sidebar. Lori is always making, creating new items to sell. You will not be disappointed! Plus you can see some really nice pictures of her home.

No comments: