August 9, 2009

HOT, HOT, HOT!

How in the world can it be 70 degrees with cold, damp, rainy weather yesterday and then today.................be 98 degrees???? It is so blasted hot outside, that I am NOT going outside....nope, not to see the grandkids, not to the grocery store, not to a restaurant. I am sitting in the house, watching TV, hooking, and doing some laundry. I know I will regret it tomorrow when I am back at work, but for today it is what I have to do!

I am still hooking away on my rug. Just can't seem to get it done. We have had a busy weekend. Yesterday, we went up to Ubly Michigan (no not "Ugly Michigan!) which is about 70 miles north of Detroit. My husband's cousin & husband celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary....can you imagine? What a blessing! We had such a wonderful time. This lovely couple have raised 11 children and have a total of 58 grand and great grandchildren. Their immediate family consists of 78 people (I think...it may be more, I kind of lost count yesterday). Anyway...we didn't get home until 11:30 last evening.

And...as if I don't have enough to do....I am planning a 60th birthday party for my husband. It was one of those things, should I or shouldn't I?? My kids wanted me to rent a hall, have a DJ and all that. Make it a "surprise" party...well, I thought at one time that may have been a cool idea, but the more I thought about it...I decided it was just too much work. So, I have decided have a party in our yard, invite the family, his brother and sisters' families, a few friends, and a couple of his childhood buddies. I think there will probably be about 70 people and that is big enough...NO suprise either...he will be involved. My husband loves a party! Well, at least he loves having family and friends over.

Hope everyone has a nice day...stay cool!

1 comment:

Deb said...

It certainly was hot here yesterday, wasn't it. I didn't even want to go outside! Now where the heck is Ubly? I'm going to have to look it up on the map - that's one city I haven't heard of around here.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the party and good luck with all your preparations for your husband's 60th. Sounds like it's going to be great time! Especially if he loves a party!!